Research Associate 2 / Senior Research Associate 1, Translational Biology
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Translational Biology group within Biology Research is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated team player to support in vivo studies for early stage pre-clinical research. The successful candidate will contribute to a variety of programs across multiple therapeutic modalities and disease indications. This role will require a combination of desk work to communicate with contractors and monitor external studies, as well as hands-on work in the lab/vivarium to perform in vivo experiments and analyses. Flexibility and the ability to adapt to rapid changes in organizational needs are key attributes for this position.
Responsibilities may include:
- Communicating with internal project team leads and external contract research organizations to ensure timely and efficient execution of in vivo studies
- Reviewing study designs and protocols, and writing study synopses
- Performing in vivo experiments in mice/rats
- Analyzing data generated from in-house and external studies
- Maintaining an up-to-date and detailed notebook of studies and experiments
- Presenting data and updates at team meetings
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 4-6 years, or Master’s degree with 2-4 years, of relevant experience
- Prior hands-on experience working with rodents highly preferred
- Basic mammalian cell culture and molecular biology (PCR, western blot) techniques
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Strong desire to learn and contribute
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities
- Work well independently and in collaboration with cross-functional groups
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Research Associate 2:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 1 (PR3):
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.