Senior Manager – Sales Forecasting and Analytics
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sales Forecasting and Analytics Senior Manager will support Commercial Management decision-making by deriving insights from sales performance metrics and delivering revenue and unit forecasts on a regular and ad hoc basis throughout the year.
This individual will play an integral role with responsibility for ensuring the short-term and long-term forecasts for our launch products are aligned, and based on reliable information and rigorous analyses, are consistent with all available information. He/she will partner with different functional groups (Brand Management, Sales Operations, Field Sales, and Core Team) to deliver analyses that enable a thorough understanding of brand performance and expectations. They will also be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of reporting metrics. He/she will work with multiple Excel-based models as well as other quantitative and qualitative resources to perform scenario analyses. In addition, he/she is expected to present forecast updates and KPIs to key stakeholders, provide recommendations, and implement approved recommendations.
- Experience in supporting launch products and/or new launch indications with forecasting and strategic decision support
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to generate insights and recommendations including helping team think through key business questions and find ways to answer them
- Requirement to work “hands on” with data and analytical tools with a proven track record of approaching projects with analytical curiosity
- Advanced Excel skills. SQL, Tableau, Power BI experience preferred.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required with experience presenting to executive level audiences
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience supporting commercial teams with specific focus on revenue and unit forecasting and analytics; biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.