Intern - Accounting / Finance
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The accounting intern will report to the Associate Director of Technical accounting and will work closely with the various teams within the Corporate Controllership organization. The intern will have the opportunity to assist with the quarterly SEC filings process, assist with the annual design assessment for internal controls within the organization and perform initial technical accounting research and benchmarking on assigned topics. The intern will also obtain opportunities to assist with other ad-hoc projects with the various teams in the Controllership group.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited university, with a major in Accounting or a related field
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with concepts of accrual accounting, finance and cost accounting
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability and enthusiasm. Willingness to learn new concepts and apply them in a practical fast paced environment
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.