Global Customer Management Associate
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Customer Management Associate is responsible for order processing and the customer relationship globally, following GDP guidelines. This individual will work closely with internal and external cross functional team members to complete assigned tasks and drive process excellence. Ultimately the Global Customer Management Associate ensures that BioMarin products reach the end user quickly and efficiently, upholding BioMarin’ s commitment to excellence, while focusing on continued process improvement.
- Serve as day-to-day operations contact between BioMarin and BioMarin’s contracted Distribution Partners. Primary focus will be in Customer relationship Management and product distribution. The Global Customer Management Associate will also be required to offer solutions to problems and follow up on corrective actions to implement internally to support BioMarin Distribution Partners.
- Follow and adhere to agreed processes defined for the department
- Coordinate order management activities with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Supply chain logistics, regulatory, GxP Compliance, Legal, OTC.
- Order and shipment coordination for all international customers, in close partnership with the Logistics and Finance departments internally and distributors and customs brokers externally.
- For international orders, work closely with Country managers and customers to ensure all export documentation requirements are in place prior to product shipment. This includes preparation of commercial invoice, certificate of Origin and other documents as needed.
- Resolve any issues impacting customer orders while being processed or after delivery.
- Continually seek and identify new areas for enhancement related to Global Customer Management and product distribution.
- Participate in cross functional team projects
- Monitor Oracle transactions with 3PLs managed through an EDI interface
- Ensure all transactions are complete for month end, from an order management and customer set up point of view for revenue recognition.
- Work alongside a busy Commercial Operations team and deal with ad-hoc requests while offering logistical support when necessary.
- Small requirement for national and international travels.
- University degree preferable or applicable skills/training deemed relevant to position, ideally linked to international trade.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator in both written and verbal format.
- Ability to understand global impact of regulatory decisions
- problem solving skills as well as being highly organized and a team player
- Strong Customer Service experience in an international environment desirable
- Order to Cash
- Strong analytical skills required/detailed oriented
- Previous experience with import/export regulations
- Presentation skills and able to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system
- Additional language a plus
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.