BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Technical Operations Planning Management Group (TPMG) is a service organization created for the specific purpose of supporting BioMarin’s Technical Operations (TOPS) program (CMC) and portfolio management functions. The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) provides a foundation for strong portfolio and resource management disciplines within the TOPS organization.
The Portfolio Analyst will oversee the portfolio management processes across Technical Operations, analyze portfolio information to inform decision-making, monitor portfolio metrics and continuously improve portfolio management practices.
- Oversee project intake process and support portfolio optimization during financial planning cycles
- Analyze portfolio information and develop insights to ensure portfolios are aligned to strategy
- Establish portfolio governance metrics and produce quarterly dashboards for TOPS Portfolio Review
- Improve portfolio governance processes based on feedback from key stakeholders and partners
- Ensure portfolio information is maintained per PMO guidelines
- Maintain portfolio management process documentation and deliver training to new users
- 5+ years of cross-functional project, program or portfolio management experience
- Working knowledge of project and portfolio management practices
- Knowledge or experience with business case development and project scoring techniques
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and experience building positive working partnerships
- Strong desire to collaborate with others
- Life sciences experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Technical Operations related activities is a plus
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Situation Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor on real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Bachelor of Science in a science or engineering discipline is required
- Project Management Professional or similar certification is a plus
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.