BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as organizational skills. This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Reporting to the relevant Manufacturing Team Lead, the primary role of the Biotechnician is to perform day to day activities within Cell Culture, Purification and Process Services within the Manufacturing Group. They will be responsible for ensuring the manufacturing team consistently meets patient demand and ensures successful execution of process validation and product launch activities.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Performing, monitoring and troubleshooting of the cell culture, purification or support operations within Manufacturing.
- Support of cross-functional and project activities as required for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Preparation, updating and execution of Batch Records, SOPs and other GMP documentation.
- Provide process and equipment related training as required within the Manufacturing Department.
- Performing, monitoring and troubleshooting of DCS (e.g. Delta V) and PLC control systems.
- Authoring, investigating and resolving quality deviations raised within the Manufacturing Department.
- Participate in the execution of validation protocols.
- Demonstrate an active approach to safety, industrial hygiene, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Use Right First Time (six-sigma) and lean manufacturing practices leading to operational excellence including the use of Standard Work, 5s and SMED as part of routine operations.
- Monitoring and reporting of process performance using statistical process control.
- Working flexible shift patterns to meet business needs and Manufacturing schedule
- Biotechnicians have scope to initiate process, cost and continuous improvement ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Bio-systems Engineering or related field or equivalent experience is preferred. Will substitute relevant work experience in lieu of degree requirement. 3 – 5 years experience within biopharmaceutical industry is strongly desired.
EQUIPMENT Should be proficient in the operation of all equipment used in the respective functional area of responsibility.
CONTACTS Work closely with Manufacturing Science Group, Quality Operations, Facility Services, Business Process Excellence and Manufacturing personnel to ensure timely closure of Manufacturing challenges and implement effective CAPAs and to implement proactive solutions for the continuous improvement of processes and systems. Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.