BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Technical Operations Planning Management Group (TPMG) is a service organization created for the specific purpose of supporting BioMarin’s Technical Operations (TOPS) program (CMC) and portfolio management (PMO) functions. The PMO provides a foundation for consistent project success and development of a strong and pervasive portfolio management discipline within the TOPS organization.
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Portfolio Analyst will lead the portfolio scheduling and resource management processes across all Technical Operations portfolios using Oracle Primavera. This role will partner with Portfolio Managers, Project Controls and Cost Center Managers across Technical Operations to optimize portfolios within resource constraints, forecast portfolio resource demand, and support well-informed decision making regarding project/portfolio changes.
- Performs portfolio analysis to identify resource risks / issues, facilitates scenario modeling with portfolio management and assists with incorporating mitigating solutions to balance resource demand.
- Maintains TOPS-wide resource structure with cost centers, roles and limits in Oracle Primavera.
- Facilitates and advises on end-to-end scheduling and resource management processes.
- Generates and distributes monthly TOPS-wide resource reports.
- Works closely with Portfolio Managers, Project Controls and Project Managers to develop and maintain resource loaded project schedules.
- Facilitates the collection of key resource demand and constraints required to perform portfolio optimization.
- Develops and maintains processes to ensure schedule and resource information meets PMO’s quality standards.
- Maintains resource management process, training and best practice documentation.
- Develops and leads the process to identify, establish and maintain cross-portfolio schedule dependencies.
- Works with Project Managers and SME’s to determine schedule confidence levels and develop risk-adjusted schedules using Oracle Primavera.
- Organizes Oracle Primavera user training.
- 5+ years of cross-functional project, program or portfolio management experience
- Superior knowledge of Critical Path Method scheduling including proficiency using Oracle Primavera
- Working knowledge of project and portfolio management practices either from a formal PMO background or extensive experience working as a project scheduler
- Knowledge or experience with resource management processes and tools
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques and modeling including use of software systems such as Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk, Crystal Ball, and/or Acumen Fuse Risk
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Must have good interpersonal skills and experience building positive working partnerships
- Strong desire to collaborate with others
- Life sciences experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Technical Operations related activities is a plus
Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
Communicates Effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Situation Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor on real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Bachelor of Science in a science or engineering discipline is required
Oracle Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals certification is a plus
Project Management Professional or similar certification is a plus