Associate Director, TOPS Business Process Improvement (BPI)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Projects and Implementation:
- Lead development and implementation of TOPS BPI processes which better enable the BPI group to support our internal customers. This will be a hands-on role.
- Successfully manage multiple continuous improvement projects through DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, improve, Control) approach with internal customers to both coach them on advance problem solving and deliver tangible business results.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt is required. He/she must be able to synthesize a large amount of information and be able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Drive change, perform root cause analysis, and create new processes/ideas that enable cross-functional effectiveness.
- Perform sophisticated data analyses and identify patterns, trends and/or outliers.
- Facilitate complex, diverse, and/or technical organizational process improvement activities.
- Work with senior leadership to identify & prioritize improvement opportunities which align with TOPS long range goals and Purpose, Vision, Strategy.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with experience managing and leading people of varying levels of experience, motivated by different goals.
- Provide executive briefings and report on progresses to senior leadership on program status, challenges, solutions and additional support required.
- Conduct high-level cost/benefit analysis for innovation and improvement initiatives.
Skill Development and Training:
- Coach organization (at all levels) on problem solving and operational improvement concepts with broad acceptance.
- BPI Black Belt, Green Belt and Yellow Belt training and coaching
- Root Cause Analysis training
- OE training
- Expert knowledge in LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Manage, align, and coach functional “BPI/BizOps” team members.
- A leader who is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Minimum Lean-Six Sigma Black Belt required.
- Minimum 8 years in dedicated Lean and Six Sigma role required, showing progressive advancement of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex functional problems by simplifying and organizing them in a systematic and logical manner.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as Minitab or JMP required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/scientific field. MBA preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.