The Category Manager will be responsible for executing and maintaining indirect category planning and execution for identified stakeholder group(s) through collaboration with key stakeholders in BioMarin’s various functional units such as: Commercial, DevSci, TOPS and G&A
- Develop and execute global category management plans by using data analytics, market research and by working with internal stakeholders from Facilities, Technical Operations, IT, HR and Finance
- Conduct stakeholder requirements analysis to understand business requirements, needs and roadmaps.
- Analyze spending trends, current agreements, and alignment with business operations.
- Perform industry/market benchmarking to identify trends, best practices, and specific market characteristics.
- Organize and lead cross-functional sourcing teams, including preparing advanced sourcing strategies and plans, requests for proposals (RFxs), and performing detailed analysis of proposals and supplier capabilities.
- Help negotiate contracts with new suppliers and/or renegotiate existing contracts in coordination with stakeholders and BioMarin Legal.
- Develop spend and/or demand management strategies for identified categories of services spend by collaborating early with stakeholders, preferably during the annual budget cycle or when business drivers change
- Manage and own strategic business relationships, internally and externally to ensure business goals are aligned. Ensure superior service delivery to BioMarin by our key Suppliers through a Supplier Governance and Relationship Management framework.
- Master understanding of BioMarin’s suite of source-to-pay tools such as Coupa, Oracle ERP and SpringCLM contracts. Provide process improvement recommendations based on end user feedback and professional experience. Ability to leverage any spend analytics tool output such as OBIEE and GEP or other third parties.
- Work with global cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to develop and monitor project plans to ensure sourcing projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Support infrequent creation of POs, if necessary
- Work to develop/improve general strategic sourcing / procurement tools, processes and policies.
- Develop and implement Supplier relationship management programs for key suppliers in order to maintain acceptable performance levels and look for opportunities to innovate and improve processes
Positive impact on stakeholder business driver(s)
Managing/influencing $75-100 million of annual spend in assigned categories.
Bachelor's degree in a business relevant discipline (Business, Procurement/Supply Chain, Operations Management)
- 3-5 years' indirect procurement/sourcing experience in a pharmaceutical or health care services industry preferred with at least 5-7 years in a category management/sourcing role
- Experience with services procurement such as IT and Facilities outsourcing, hardware, software services and implementation , and complex professional services
- Good understanding of procurement, spend and category management practices. Able to independently manage assigned projects with minimal supervision. Thorough knowledge and understanding of source to pay processes and able to contribute to their continuous improvement. Thorough knowledge of ERP, sourcing and contract management tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Purchasing Law and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, communication (written and verbal), negotiating, interpersonal, project management, and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating large, complex, multi-year contracts/agreements
Customers include all indirect services end users that interact with purchasing systems and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.