BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
This Enterprise Solutions Architect will work as part of the Enterprise Architecture group and have a broad role and opportunity to deliver both solution-specific and enterprise-wide applications across a wide spectrum of solutions and technologies. Constant exposure to new and emerging technologies makes this a great position for someone who thrives on new challenges, has proven skills in system design and is committed to delivering the best solutions possible for the business challenges presented to us by our clients.
- Apply knowledge and experience to understand business challenges, processes, and opportunities then work to drive new and innovative approaches to resolving them
- Work with project teams comprised of customers, external partners, and peers from project inception through the hand off to operations as a technical subject matter expert and consultant
- Organize technical requirements gathering and solution design sessions with customers, partners and other technical resources of all levels
- Work schedule will include ‘out of normal’ work hours for IT support & monthly maintenance
A successful candidate must have a strong desire to work hard, improve their skills, and broaden the scope of their system knowledge
- Technical writing and verbal (presentation) skills are required
- Analytical, project management and communication skills are required
- Mobile app development skills are preferred
- Experience with business applications that incorporate technologies like Apache Tomcat, Java, Microsoft IIS, Content Management Platforms, and cloud-based services required
Broad exposure to Microsoft Server products preferred. The most desired candidates will have some experience with the following products: Windows Server 2012/2016, Azure, SQL Server, Project Online, Power BI, PowerShell, Intune, and applications offered in the O365 suite.
Technical exposure to other desired platforms include: VMware, Oracle, DocuSign, Citrix, XenMobile/SecureHub, and ServiceNow.
- Exposure to FDA regulated environments or service management (ITIL) is strongly preferred.
BS/BA in computer science or equivalent work experience
Industry certifications including MCSA, MCSE, ITIL, CISSP, CCNA, and others are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.