Senior Medical Science Liaison
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a regional position for Colombia & CAAC (Central America and Andean Countries) supporting the scientific and business interests of BioMarin by cultivating current and future thought leaders and health institutions in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional and national level through the initiation and development of Investigator Sponsored Trials, continuous medical education activities and support of BioMarin registries, other clinical programs and scientific conversation with internal/external stakeholders.The MSL must possess in depth knowledge of BioMarin’s approved products, agents in the pipeline, and all associated disease state areas. The MSL must possess the capacity to coordinate and manage solo initiatives or partnerships with external partners independently or with a minimum amount of oversight. This position will report to Medical Affairs and work closely with the Commercial and the Clinical Teams.
- Develop and execute scientific plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines for products both marketed and in development.
- Visit potential research sites to determine the site’s ability to conduct and accrue to clinical research studies and registries
- Visit infusion sites to develop/update the scientific knowledge of the disease state areas and the correct use of Biomarin´s products
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings and collaborate with medical, research and commercial teams.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of both clinical and commercial strategies and priorities.
- Deliver high quality scientific presentations on BioMarin products to physicians / nurses / institutions and other key external customers.
- Provide medical support for commercial efforts in support of BioMarin products such as representing BioMarin and BioMarin products at exhibits during scientific symposia.
- Identify and recommend speakers for BioMarin’s Speaker’s Bureau and Advisory Boards
- Cooperate with commercial team on market intelligence
- Assist in the site level management of the publication plan timelines.
- Provide clinical education support for internal customers.
- Proactively provides feedback on emerging clinical/competitive trends.
- Assure compliance with BioMarin operational guidelines.
- Facilitate and monitor investigator sponsored studies that can generate additional clinical and safety data for Biomarin Products.
- Support pharmacovigilance routine activities as assigned and trained adequately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science in Medicine
Advanced degree - preferred
English in intermediate or advanced level - required
- 3+ years Clinical experience - preferred
- Degree in genetics – hematology - Preferred
- 2+ years Pharmaceutical experience - preferred
- 50-75% travel requirement (Within the assigned territory)
- Experience in public presentation – required
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in effectively managing multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently to meet timelines.
- Independently develops study documents and processes
- Demonstrated ability to monitor all visit types independently
- Understands the needs of stakeholders and able to develop action plans
- Discerns urgency of issues and takes appropriate action
- Previous experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry, CRO or other relevant industry experience is much appreciated
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.