BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BizOps Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for providing support for BioMarin’s Global Clinical Development departments in the requisitioning, contracting and ongoing management of Independent Contractors (IC) and suppliers related to clinical consulting and meetings.
Overall contracting and financial management of IC and related suppliers including but not limited to:
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to understand service scope and budget requirements for IC and related suppliers.
- Coordination with Legal, Corporate Compliance & Ethics, Human Resources (HR), Procurement on approval of requests.
- Research contract repositories for existing contracts to validate and benchmark contract terms, budgets, scope, etc.
- Liaise with IC to collect required documentation (CV, rate, banking form, W-8/W-9) and facilitate contract reviews and approvals.
- Submission of requests into BioMarin approval systems (SpringCM, Oracle/iProcurement/eVMF, Compliance eForm(s), and HR portal) in accordance with BioMarin policies and procedures.
- Timely, accurate and thorough data entry and tracking of contracts into departmental reporting system (Board) and MS SharePoint application.
- Implement and maintain shared IC database to track contract attributes for ongoing services.
- Regular communications of contract status with internal stakeholders and manage expectations accordingly; Prepare status reports as requested.
- Ongoing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) support of quarterly forecast and monthly accruals for relevant cost centers.
- Assist with internal/external invoice and/or purchase order issues.
- Other BizOps project initiatives as directed.
- Strong computer and software skills. Proficient in MS Excel and Outlook required; familiarity with contract management and/or financial systems preferred.
- Contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Ability to assess contract budget accuracy and perform occasional financial analysis.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to keep up with many changes and multiple priorities.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills, able to facilitate agreement among internal stakeholders on competing priorities.
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to interact and manage expectations of diverse stakeholders; work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong work ethic, including taking ownership of projects assigned to ensure timely completion.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.