Intern - Internal Audit, Global Compliance & Ethics
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
BioMarin Internal Audit is committed to helping BioMarin achieve its full potential in transforming patient’s lives by minimizing overall company risk.
We pride ourselves in being objective and independent of the areas we assess, while maintaining our commitment to advance the organization. We provide independent assurance to the board of directors and management. Our disciplined approach evaluates the effectiveness of BioMarin’s risk management, control and governance processes. We also assist with proactive advisory projects.
An open and transparent partnership helps us develop the appropriate context and understanding of the issues at hand, minimize surprises, and drive greater value in the outcomes.
In carrying out our mission, we pledge to:
- Be a trusted partner
- Lead with integrity & enthusiasm
- Focus on what matters
- Share industry practices
The Audit Intern will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for a targeted audit or review from planning through reporting. The Intern will interface with various departments and roles within BioMarin to gain an understanding of the audit topic, as well as to perform detailed audit testing, and identify audit observations and opportunities for improvement. At the conclusion of the audit, the Intern will report the audit results to the Internal Audit team and the business stakeholders, as well as to your peer group.
This role will also support the broader Internal Audit team with various projects as needed and as time allows.
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis on Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and working styles
- Ability to organize projects and work responsibilities, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.