BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Provide administrative support to SSCP functional leads exercising impeccable judgment and discretion in areas including scheduling large meetings, creating and managing travel, and the preparation of expense reports.
Additional support areas include:
- Schedule, coordinate and manage meetings and related activities
- Collaborate with Sr. Executive Coordinator to support SSCP contracting needs
- Assist with recruiting efforts for functions by working with HR on interview scheduling, coordination of schedules and hosting of candidate. Provide new hire on-boarding support for functional leads (IT set up, introductory meetings scheduled, Procurement, Concur and travel training)
- Serve as backup for Sr. Executive coordinator
- Facilitate workshops, activities, and planning as needed
- Represents SSCP in a highly professional and friendly manner
- Clear, concise oral & written communication, high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and flexibility
- Attention to detail, and able to work and make decisions independently of direct supervision, “think outside of the box”, keep a step ahead of any upcoming issues, and maintain a sense of perspective and humor.
- This professional is highly effective and polished in communications and management of interactions with external partners as well as personnel in other departments of the Company.
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and quick paced environment.
- Thrives in an environment of cross-functional interaction and collaboration by highlighting interdependencies
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Looks for best practices that can be leveraged in solution development
- Able to demonstrate workplace flexibility and wiliness to adapt to changing team needs and circumstances
Education and Qualifications
- Associates and/or Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience supporting teams in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, team-driven environment.
- Has experience performing a similar role for 2 to 5 years.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.