BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Project Manager position will manage multiple small projects, primarily focused on non-GMP projects, within the Technical Operations Organization (TOPs). Lead non-GMP projects from design phase through completion. Accountable for the planning, implementation, and delivery of assigned projects. Responsible for the scope, schedule, and budget for projects. Provide financial reporting & projections and communicate to various leadership teams on status of the projects. Provide representation for the Maintenance Group by attending other project meetings and looking out for the serviceability issues and following up with Project managers to ensure that all aspects of their projects have met the needs of the Maintenance group and deliverables have been issues.
- Lead the development and approval of the user requirements and the business objectives to support scope, schedule and cost for TOPs small non-GMP project execution.
- Evaluate, prepare, update & submit CapEx project intake forms, within Oracle Project Portfolio Management (OPPM), for project review by the Capital Project Review Committee (CPRC) and BMRN Senior Management.
- Support TOPs Portfolio Management and inform other departments by updating, project information, costs, and schedule within OPPM and P6.
- Participate with the generation of project cost accrual information, in service dates, financial long range planning, & other financial and planning exercises.
- Build and manage cross functional project teams composed of both internal and external resources (e.g., architects, engineers, vendors, general contractors, specialty contractors, C&Q consultants, etc.).
- Work with BMRN Global Purchasing for vendor qualification, selection processes and management (e.g., prequalification, RFQs, RFPs, contract negotiation and execution).
- Develop and manage risk analysis for projects
- Proactively look for and recommend improvements for department processes and procedures.
- Lead post implementation project reviews and the incorporation of lessons learned back into principles, policies, practices and the in-house knowledge base.
- Ensure project safety measures are appropriately identified and addressed on all projects.
- BS engineering degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- MBA is a plus
- 5 years of project management experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledgeable of FDA, EMEA and ROW regulatory requirements
- Experience with Biotechnology operating companies responsible for project management, construction, contract administration and development of capital projects processes, policies and procedures.
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary/cross functional teams in a collaborative environment to deliver capital projects that meet the approved project objectives
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to align operational priorities with project goals and objectives, present the project justification to senior management teams monitor and report vendor effectiveness and contract compliance to deliver quality capital projects to meet the business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget
- Ability to manage and mentor multiple disciplined technical staff
- Experience leading presentations to upper management groups for decision-making, capital projects requests and funding approval committees
- Proven negotiation skills to deliver cost effective facilities solutions that support the business needs
- Ability to balance competing interests such as, project and corporate goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Must have excellent judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with standard office software applications, including MS Office Suite, Oracle Primavera P6 and OPPM
- PMI certification a plus
- Strong HVAC and BMS knowledge is desirable