Sr. Maintenance Mechanic 2
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Intermediate level supervision of personnel and programs within the Facilities Maintenance department. Provide a high level of skill in at least 5 mechanical disciplines. Provide solutions to complex facility operation and maintenance situations. Coordinate and lead facility repair projects. Provide overall support for cGMP facilities operation.
Responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of all purified water systems (RO, DI, WFI) and associated equipment, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers, HVAC units, and associated equipment, hot HVAC water boilers, and other miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facilities. Perform troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance on multiple process skids/equipment, such as: UF/DF, TFF, HTST, CIP, centrifuge, autoclaves, and parts washers. Ensure all assigned PM’s and WO’s are completed in a timely manner. Provides project support to the various groups involved with Capital projects and Continuous Improvement projects.
- SME on a minimum of 5 GMP systems (process or utilities) or Journeyman skill level in a utility required in the manufacturing facilities.
- Assist in the completion of Quality Deviations and other Quality Control actions.
- Assist in completion of Quality Assurance Change Requests.
- Ensure daily planned inspections of facilities equipment and services are performed. Take actions as needed.
- Complete Shift Transition Log to assure adequate review of alarms or other operating conditions or instructions.
- Coordinate department activities with manufacturing supervisors and establish necessary support for manufacturing process equipment maintenance.
- Lead mechanics on various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
- Provide project support to Engineering, Automation, Reliability, and various other groups when required.
- Collaborate and provide SME input to technical writers to assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide oversite and training to entry level and Sr. mechanics.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment and process control systems.
- Coordinate with outside contractors as necessary. Assure contractor compliance with EHS&S requirements (waste disposal, hot work permits, confined space, LOTO, etc. and Contractor Technical Certifications program).
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Lead mechanics and senior mechanics in start-up of new mechanical systems.
- Initiate and track System and Area Release (SAR) when required.
- Assist with Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in maintenance areas when required. .
- Participate in teams and upkeep of data elements for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Participate on the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
- Take a leadership role if the lead mechanic is not on shift.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High School Diploma
- College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience or Journeyman skill level in a trade.
- 6 or more years’ experience in the Biotech
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.