Executive Director & Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
Reporting to the Vice President of DEI and Talent Development, the Executive Director and Head of DEI will be responsible for guiding and enabling the organization’s DEI journey. They will lead efforts to define and implement an enterprise-wide DEI vision and strategy that aligns with the organization’s priorities, purpose, and values to enable and sustain productive change. This individual will develop and implement a holistic approach to DEI, moving beyond short-term programs and initiatives toward systemic integration of DEI into people practices that support key business outcomes, so that our internal and external stakeholders increasingly experience sustainable benefits from our diverse, inclusive, and engaged workplace. Close alignment and partnership with all disciplines within the People team and our business leaders will remain vital for ensuring that our DEI approach gets systematically integrated with our talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership and executive development, learning solutions and TA strategic initiatives. They will serve as a spokesperson on matters related to DEI and will work towards ensuring our employees experience a culture of inclusion that leverages diverse backgrounds and perspectives of all employees to build a high performing organization.
- Lead the organization's employee resource group (ERG) program and serve as advisor to the ERG leaders and executive sponsors.
- Co-chair the company’s DEI Advisory Committee and ensure alignment with Regional Advisory Committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or business. Advanced degree a plus.
- DEI Certification a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with core diversity and inclusion concepts and practices.
- Biotechnology background a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Leads with a consultative and collaborative approach.
- Excellent at stakeholder management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strategic and visionary thinker.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change management initiatives.
- Strong established network of D&I experts.
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to leverage data to develop and execute strategies.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong bias towards action with the ability to balance the strategic and tactical elements of the role.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex issues and navigate conflict.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.