BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Marketing Operations Manager role (local or remote) reports to the Director, Marketing Operations North America Brand Management and provides overall support for the marketing team’s operational functions. This role partners with brand franchises to discuss tactical initiatives and associated planning and execution.The Marketing Operations team works closely with Marketing as well as with Compliance, Medical and other key cross functional teams.
Specific functions include the following:
Education: Bachelors degree
- Lead and facilitate the corporate review process for promotional materials (PRB).This includes leading the weekly PRB team meeting, transcribing comments for all pieces reviewed by the committee, sending out meeting agenda and working with brand, compliance, medical and regulatory personnel to ensure that all content and claims in promotional materials are accurate and comply with FDA guidelines. Additionally, oversees timely submission of all promotional materials to the FDA’s Office of Prescription Drug Promotion (OPDP).
- Work with external and internal creative agencies to develop and disseminate promotional materials
- Work with the Marketing Operations Director and other marketing managers to develop, execute, and manage ongoing marketing projects and campaigns.
- Partner with and manage vendors to ensure project objectives and timelines are met.
- Define project budgets while guiding cost-saving measures; manage monthly accruals and reconciliation, ensuring expenses stay within project budget.
- Manage the production of promotional materials in various formats including digital/print.
- Manage the fulfillment facility and provide fulfillment system training to cross-functional teams.
- Monitor inventory levels of marketing materials.
- Disseminate marketing materials to the Field Force, Patient Services, Specialty Pharmacies, Conventions, and Patient Events.
- Manage the purchase and renewal of subscriptions to journal articles, both hard and digital copies, for the sales force.
- Collaborate with global teams to effectively and efficiently share production-ready promotional materials.
- Support the Sales Enablement Tool, managing inventory audits and reporting.
- Coordinate the translation of marketing materials to multiple languages through translation vendors.
- Required experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical/biologics/ad agency environment. Experience with the following programs and systems required: Veeva Vault PromoMats, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Required skills: PRB management, organizational ability, project management and budgeting.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.