BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Reporting to the AD of EHS&S the EHS&S Manager will be responsible for managing a team of experienced EHS&S professionals to ensure we maintain an excellent safety culture.
· Providing EHS advice to the leadership teams and site in general
· Liaison with regulators such as the HSA, EPA and DOA
· To ensure all incidents are investigated, root cause analyses carried out and effective corrective actions put in place
· To ensure a robust chemical management system is in place onsite and ensure that all safety data sheets are properly managed and accessible
· To ensure an effective emergency management system is in place onsite
· To ensure effective EHS training is carried out
· To ensure an effective process hazard analysis system is in place for the site
· To ensure an effective an EHS legislative register is maintained for the site
· To ensure the correct systems are in place to support the sites accreditation to ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001
A science or engineering primary degree together with a diploma or equivalent in EHS&S qualification. Chartered membership of IOSH is desirable.
A minimum of 10 years EHS&S experience; with at least 4 years in a supervisory capacity.
Experience working with both the HSA and EPA is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.