Senior Scientific Writer
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Scientific/Technical writer will lead efforts in editing, proofreading, and formatting scientific content for scientific manuscripts and internal reports to support Process Sciences Department.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of scientific writing tasks, including
1) Writing and editing laboratory documents and manuscripts for research findings for internal reports or submission to journals for publication; 2) Working with subject matter experts to write and edit development reports; 3) Working with subject matter experts to support regulatory dossier preparation and submission.
This position will function as lead on all writing projects and provide training to Process Sciences staff as needed.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent writing skills; able to produce clear, compelling, and eloquent text.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to translate difficult science concepts for multiple audiences.
- Must be flexible and able to drive deadline-driven projects to completion.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to coordinate work by numerous contributors and manage complex processes.
- Must be advanced user of Microsoft Office and EndNote.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Master’s Degree but preferably a Ph.D. in the health or social sciences. Five years of writing scientific material (original research manuscripts, review articles/book chapters, and grant applications) or other relevant experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.