Sr. Demand Planner
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Demand Planner will support the S&OP process by working with commercial business partners to create the best forecast possible.
- Create and maintain detailed demand forecasts and scenarios for multiple programs
- Partner with commercial operations to align on assumptions and track NPIs
- Update the demand forecast within forecasting tools in alignment with plans and update forecast actuals
- Track forecast against actuals and update the demand forecasts based on actuals, strategy shifts, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of procedures and tools used to maintain the forecast
- Support Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) by providing select analyses and recommendations, and maintenance of planning tools
- Maintain metrics and provide analytics that will deliver improved service to patients, inventory levels, costs and adherence to plan
- The analytics provided by this role will enable executives within TOPS, Finance and R&D to evaluate information and make informed demand and supply decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Math, Finance, Operations, or Supply Chain
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred
- Formal forecasting or statistics training desirable
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in demand planning, clinical planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, formulas, data sourcing) and Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
Standard office desk equipment
- Collaborates effectively with multiple individuals in a cross-functional, team- oriented environment
- Supply Chain, Commercial Operations, Finance, Business Process Improvement, DevSci Business Operations, DevSci Product Development, Medical Affairs
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.