Research Associate II
The mission of the Biology Research department at BioMarin is to conduct preclinical research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. Our team in the non-oncology hematology group uses state-of-the art equipment to provide biochemical and molecular biology support to a variety of pre-clinical projects.
We are searching for a self-motivated Research Associate with 4-8 years of hands-on laboratory experience. The successful candidate will develop and use biochemical assays to measure pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, immunogenicity and biomarkers of new therapeutics.
The Research Associate 2 will partner closely with a team of scientists to provide technical assistance and support. The successful candidate will contribute to 2-3 different pre-clinical research projects to assess pharmacokinetics efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Receive, organize and process animal tissue samples such as the preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Utilize molecular biology techniques including qPCR and ddPCR
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Contribute to data analysis and present results in group meetings.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist with lab organization as needed.
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification and analytical assays such as PCR, ELISA and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols and perform experiments
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Research Associate 2:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.