Research Associate 2 / Senior Research Associate I, Vector Production - Gene Therapy, Research
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Cell line maintenance and propagation.
- AAV vector small-scale production, purification, and analysis.
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform cell-based assays.
- Organize and prioritize testing of samples.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Present results in group meetings.
- Assist with process optimization and lab activties as needed.
- Flexibility, willingness to accept new responsibilities.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized.
- Be diligent and detail-oriented.
- Interact with team members in a constructive and proactive manner
- Culture of adherent and suspension cell lines, aseptic technique, media and reagents preparation
- Performance of cell-based assays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and data analysis in Excel
- DNA, RNA, protein purification.
- Analytical assays: RT-PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, electrophoresis, Western blots.
- Hands-on experience with AAV vectors.
- Culture of primary cells and production cell lines.
- Assay automation, image analysis.
- Laboratory information management systems.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Research Associate 2:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
Senior Research Associate 1:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.