Sr. Manager, Global Marketing Automation
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Automation has ownership of the email and marketing automation technology systems within BioMarin’s Global Commercial organization, managing marketing automation technology strategy, execution, and technical operations. This role would be responsible for building scalable processes today with an eye towards laying the foundation for next generation omnichannel campaigns in the future.
- Lead all platform administration, technical integrations, and system governance of the marketing automation platforms (Marketo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and delivery of email marketing programs including landing page support
- Build cross-channel automated campaigns and programs leveraging email, SMS, and landing pages
- Automate and improve data integrity and data management initiatives, including segmentation implementation and analysis, list management, and lead processes
- Lead the development of repeatable templates and processes that advance capabilities and streamline campaign efficiencies
Identify improvement opportunities in our marketing automation infrastructure and work cross-functionally to address them (ex. program structure inefficiencies, process flaws, etc.)
- Serve as the subject matter expert for internal stakeholders related to email marketing and marketing automation platform capabilities
- Partner with IT, Compliance and Legal to ensure ongoing compliance with security and legal standards
Manage vendors for email execution, prioritizing requests, gathering requirements and supporting vendor in meeting defined SLAs.
Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years working in a marketing automation; Marketo preferred
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience is desired
- Deep expertise with email automation software (Marketo, Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process oriented
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.