Sr. Executive Coordinator - Global Product Strategy
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Reporting directly to the SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, the Sr. Executive Coordinator will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to the SVP, CMO who leads BioMarin’s newly created Global Product Strategy (GPS) organization. In addition, this individual will provide support to the CMO’s senior leadership team in areas such as calendar management, scheduling/coordinating meetings and travel, as needed. The Sr. Executive Coordinator’s assignments will be varied and complex in nature, often requiring considerable judgment, creativity, and discretion in resolving issues. This individual must be a self-starter and be able to manage multiple priorities independently a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced environment.
The Sr. Executive Coordinator will also be responsible for the following:
- High volume calendar management for the Chief Marketing Officer, as well as calendar support for other GPS senior leaders
- Understanding priority and seniority of meetings; Initiates and determines which meetings to reschedule to resolve conflicts
- Scheduling meetings (virtual, in-person, and hybrid) with participants and stakeholders across various functions and regions/time-zones; Confirms virtual vs in-person attendance as needed
- Working and partnering with the Sr Executive Coordinator to the Chief Commercial Officer of BioMarin’s Global Commercial Organization
- Working closely with other GPS Administrative Assistants who support the VP, Head of Portfolio Strategy and Commercial Capabilities and the VP, Global Value, Access and Strategic Pricing: in addition to other Global Commercial Executive Admins/Coordinators; Providing back-up and support as needed
- Coordinate and organize complex domestic and international travel (flights, hotel, ground transportation, travel agenda, etc)
- Preparing expense reports, ensuring alignment to policies and submitting in a timely manner
- Resolving IT issues, ordering equipment upon request; Maintaining distribution lists
- Planning and organizing team building activities both the GPS leadership and broader team
- Resolving IT issues and ordering equipment upon request
- Maintaining distribution lists
- Coordinating, compiling, and editing various material upon request
- Onboarding support for new hires (org announcements, IT set-up, scheduling introductory meetings, etc.)
- Assisting with miscellaneous administrative requests from senior staff members in GPS, such as entry of contracts
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis; Strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) - able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner
- Quick learner and self-starter - able to work independently, with a sense of urgency
- Responsiveness to deadlines, strong attention to detail, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- A high level of professionalism with strong influencing skills and ability to anticipate situations or issues
- A can-do attitude; Flexible and adaptable
- Team-player who builds and maintains effective relationships, within the department and cross-functionally; Partners well with BioMarin’s Executive Coordinator community
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of senior executive level support, including experience supporting global teams; Experience directly supporting SVP/C-suite level leaders a plus
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with coordinating complex travel; Working knowledge of Concur Expense management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.