Sr. Recruiter, Research & Early Development, Biotech - CONTRACT
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Reporting to the Sr. Principal Recruiter for Research & Early Development (RED), the Sr. Recruiter will play a critical role in executing recruiting strategy for positions across RED. In this position, you will partner with business leaders, hiring managers and other HR colleagues to engage and recruit top talent. You will manage a portfolio of openings – full-cycle, focusing on exceeding client's expectations while ensuring a positive candidate experience. You will apply strong technical expertise (e.g. strategic sourcing, candidate and client management, data analysis, and project management) in implementing solutions to find top talent.
- Full cycle recruiting for individual contributor and management roles
- Ensuring a positive experience for the candidate, hiring manager and interview team
- Partnering with the Head of Talent, HR Directors and Hiring Managers to understand business needs and establish recruiting strategy
- 5+ years of biotech, pharmaceutical or IT sourcing, recruiting/search experience with a variety of levels
- In house recruitment experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing/customizing service levels within requisition portfolio
- Outstanding client service, problem solving & project management skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Proven success in managing a high volume of requisitions within a rapidly changing, fluid, innovative culture
- History of consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals
- Initiative, self-starter, driven, stimulated by challenges, a good balance of strategy & pragmatism
- Experience in social media direct sourcing
- A strong understanding of compensation & equity guidelines, legal implications in hiring, and relocation and immigration
- Complete administrative tasks associated with advancing candidates
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with in-depth Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Life Science or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.