BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Manage all related entity customer invoices and AR deliverables, including all related royalty and IC transactional management.
- Support and align with all related finance controls and policies, including credit, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Safeguard the proper application of our commercial terms, including distribution fees, title transfers, discounts, returns, chargebacks and rebates.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices, adjustments and credit memos.
- Participate in ongoing process transformation and continuous improvement initiatives; including cross-functional projects, system implementations, and end-to-end root cause analysis to identify risks and prevent errors.
- Review and perform of all AR and Royalty transaction reconciliations, schedules, reports and statements relating to assigned entities and product lines.
- Participate in the development, management, and ongoing analysis of key OTC metrics and KPIs
- Support Accounting, Tax and Treasury partners with transactional backup and documentation for statutory, audit and financial reporting obligations
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support an evolving accounting and operational environment.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in customer finance activities (AR, Credit, Collections), reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise, including at least 2 years management experience.
- Excellent attention to both the details and ultimate goals of the OTC organization processes
- Strong leadership skills with experience of empowering people; developing individual skills to their maximum potential, training and employee development as well as continuous improvement
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in global and cross-functional environments.
- ERP system experience, Oracle EBS a plus
A mixture of Global Order-to-Cash operational know-how, Pharma/Biotech savvy, and direct experience partnering with Finance, Commercial and Supply Chain Functions would be a distinct advantage. Large company experience is also desired. Previous management experience is essential.
Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.