Senior Manager, Order to Cash
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (Nasdaq: BMRN) is a world leader in developing therapies to treat rare genetic diseases, and after almost two decades, BioMarin’s extensive research and development efforts continue to expand the boundaries of medicine. Guided by its commitment to the rare disease community, the company seeks to rapidly develop first-in-class or best-in-class therapies that will make a meaningful difference to small patient populations.
BioMarin has seven commercialized products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates in its pipeline. The company’s clinical success on behalf of its rare disease patients has produced robust revenue growth from BioMarin’s existing products. Achieving non-GAAP profitability in 2017, the company expects to turn the corner toward profitability and bottom line growth in the years to follow.
Today, BioMarin Finance is growing rapidly with the overall company and is developing into a cutting edge global finance organization. BioMarin has over $1B of annual revenues and operations in over 40 countries that drive significant global accounting and finance complexity. The company has ambitious growth plans in the immediate future and has an enthusiastic global finance team that is eager to deliver a world-class accounting and finance function to BioMarin and its stakeholders.
BioMarin trades on the Nasdaq under ticker BMRN and is headquartered in San Rafael, California.
Senior Manager, North America Order-to-Cash
This is a newly created role in the expanding BioMarin Order-to-Cash (OTC) organization managing the customer finance operations for our North American entities. The role includes working cross-functionally to drive operational rigor, financial control, and end-to-end process excellence with our global partners in Finance, Commercial Operations and Supply Chain. The Sr. Manager will be charged with driving continuous process analysis and improvement to drive efficiencies and scale in support of ongoing business growth.
Key responsibilities include the ownership of North America customer invoicing and Accounts Receivable (AR) processes, related inter-company (IC) transactions and product/license royalty transaction management. An important part of this role will be to supervise, coach, mentor one direct report.
- Own and lead all related entity customer invoices and AR deliverables, including all related royalty and IC transactional management.
- Partner collaboratively with Business Process Owners across Global Finance, Commercial and Supply Chain organization to manage, analyze, and improve end-to-end OTC operations
- Learn, understand, support and align with all related finance controls and policies, including credit, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Safeguard the proper application of our commercial terms, including distribution fees, title transfers, discounts, returns, chargebacks and rebates.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices, adjustments and credit memos.
- Actively lead and participate in ongoing process transformation and continuous improvement initiatives; including cross-functional projects, system implementations, and end-to-end root cause analysis to identify risks and prevent errors.
- Review and performance of all AR and Royalty transaction reconciliations, schedules, reports and statements relating to assigned entities and product lines.
- Participate in the development, management, ongoing analysis and communication of key OTC metrics and KPIs
- Support Accounting, Tax and Treasury partners with transactional backup and documentation for statutory, audit and financial reporting obligations
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support an evolving accounting and operational environment.
- Recruit, retain, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel (1 OTC Accountant)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in customer finance activities (AR, Credit, Collections), reflecting increasing levels of responsibility and subject matter expertise, including at least 5 years management experience.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of empowering people; developing individual skills to their maximum potential, training and employee development as well as continuous improvement
- Proven commitment to process excellence, continuous improvement, and partnering cross-functionally to meet corporate goals and targets.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in global and cross-functional environments.
- Proven record of leading OTC related projects and initiatives to successful conclusion
- ERP system experience, Oracle EBS a plus
A mixture of Global Order-to-Cash operational know-how, Pharma/Biotech savvy, and direct experience partnering with Finance, Commercial and Supply Chain Functions would be a distinct advantage. Large company experience is also desired. Previous management experience is essential.
Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
Primary: Finance (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, PMO), Commercial, Supply Chain, and Information Management. Other: Internal/External Audit, Legal
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.