Sr Manager, CMC Portoflio Management
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position wil work a flexible schedule, the worker will need to be local and be able to travel onsite when needed/when offices open.
The Technical Operations Planning Management Group (TPMG) is a service organization created for the specific purpose of supporting BioMarin’s Technical Operations Group by providing a foundation for consistent program success and developing of a strong and pervasive project management discipline within the organization.
The Sr manager, CMC Portfolio Management will report to the Director of CMC Portfolio Management to work with TMPG Management, PMO group and CMC Program Managers to evaluate the portfolio of CMC programs for scenario planning, tradeoff analysis when changes impact multiple programs, to identify potential efforts constraints across multiple programs and provide recommendations for resolution and TOPS management’s decision making. They will also develop metrics, business processes and other tools to better manage all CMC programs individually and as a portfolio.
- Supports integration of CMC program schedules between programs and CMC portfolios (Clinical, Commercial, Overall CMC Portfolios)
- Supports CMC portfolio standardization and reporting efforts
- Supports integration of the CMC portfolio with other TOPs projects and/or Portfolios in order to monitor, identify and resolve scheduling and resource conflicts across TOPS integrated portfolios, programs and projects
- Facilitate CMC Portfolio Review Meetings (for e.g. for CMC Program changes, risks)
- Assist CMC Program Managers with standardizing program schedules to enable portfolio reporting and analysis
- Proposes, maintain, analyze and report monthly CMC Program and Portfolio metrics
- Perform resource loading maintenance, resource allocation analysis, resolve periods of over-allocation, and generate resource allocation reports for the CMC portfolio(s)
- Drive the overall maturity of the CMC Portfolio management functions through development of tools/templates and mentoring
- Support the development and deployment of CMC programs and portfolio prioritization methods to achieve TOPs goals while taking into account schedule and resource constraints
- Support the development of CMC portfolio Standards and deployment of PMO standards and guidelines for initiating and managing projects using Oracle Primavera for relevant (selected) CMC portfolio and /or Projects
- Support assigned CMC portfolio Initiatives to meet TPMG Goals
- Work with the PMO group, CMC Program Managers and SME’s to determine schedule confidence levels and develop a risk-adjusted schedule using Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis
- 7+ years of cross-functional project, program or portfolio management experience in a Pharmaceutical setting.
- Proficiency using Oracle Primavera P6 and OPPM
- Superior knowledge of Critical Path Method scheduling including proficiency using Oracle Primavera P6
- Working knowledge of project and portfolio management practices either from a formal PMO background or extensive experience working as a project scheduler
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Must have good interpersonal skills and experience building positive working partnerships
- Strong desire to collaborate with others
- Life sciences experience is preferred
- Knowledge of CMC-related activities is a must
- Bachelor of Science in a science or engineering discipline is required
- Oracle Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals certification is a plus
- Project Management Professional or similar certification is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.