Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Key finance role supporting BioMarin’s Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) group and its leadership team. This role maintains a deep understanding of BioMarin’s research, clinical, and commercial portfolios and key business activities to support the goals of the organization.
This role will develop scalable analytics and key financial insights in order to drive strategic business decisions. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with the finance team and business partners throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
Leadership Behaviors required:
· Analysis – Develop and deliver recurring and ad hoc analyses to support a clear view of WWRD financial performance and inform business decisions; analyze data to develop and monitor metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Assist business partners and senior management with special projects to support strategic decision-marking (e.g. scenario analysis, financial modeling)
· Financial Planning – Support quarterly forecast and annual budget/LRP processes through analysis of resources and spend by activity, program, and region
· Business Partnership: Develop relationships and become a trusted finance business partner across R&D. Collaborate with business partners and FP&A team members to understand business activities, how they translate to the financial plan and develop recommendations.
· Reporting - Produce and distribute monthly/quarterly metrics reporting for review with operational and finance partners. Support executive level reporting. Help develop next generation reporting tools, data visualizations and processes.
· Continuous improvement – Support ongoing business process improvements, including process and technology improvements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business/Economics or other relevant field
· 3+ years experience in Finance, Business Analytics or equivalent experience
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including visualizations of data
· Experience with Power BI, Tableau, or other analytics/data visualization tools
· Experience with Hyperion Planning, Smart View, Oracle strongly preferred
· Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and modeling skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Pharma/BioTech Finance experience preferred
No Specialized equipment requirements for this position.
Position will interact with other Finance staff and business partners in WWRD areas including research, pharmacological sciences, translational sciences, regulatory, medical affairs and clinical development.
No supervisory responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.