Director, Global Secondary Data Analytics
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director of Secondary Data Analytics leads BioMarin’s secondary data acquisition and analytics discipline within the Commercial organization. This role will work collaboratively with BioMarin’s global brand teams, country managers, and business planning and analytics personnel to assess market data needs, determine effective data sourcing strategies, and produce key market insights using those data sources. Responsibilities will include data sourcing strategies, vendor selection, data standardization, and data insights. Candidates must have a deep background in working with established data partners and delivering critical market insights using claims data, HCP data, etc. This is a leadership role in Global Commercial Operations that will be central to developing BioMarin’s global secondary data capabilities. The successful candidate will hire and directly manage one secondary data resource in the US and indirectly manage another resource in Europe. This leader will develop a high performing global team and will demonstrate the ability to flex between strategic thinking and getting into the detail when necessary. This is a hands-on role combining leadership and individual execution responsibilities.
The Director of Secondary Data Analytics will have accountability for and oversight of the following:
- Global secondary data sourcing strategy development to deliver insights regarding patient populations, treatment centers, physician targeting, competitive share insights, and many other areas
- Preferred vendor assessment, selection and management
- Data agreement structure and negotiations
- Analytical execution utilizing secondary data sources
- Other unique data sourcing projects based on business needs
- Development and implementation of global secondary data governance process
- Expert counsel and partner to Biomarin brands and regions in sourcing data to address critical brand questions.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS/BA with emphasis in finance, business, management sciences, or life sciences
- Graduate degree in business, public health or life sciences (MBA/MS/PhD)
- 10+ years of experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related industry
- 8+ years working in a discipline utilizing secondary data sources and/or in market research
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- 5+ years people management
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Ability to assimilate detailed data to discover and communicate key business trends
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to executive-level audiences and supporting executive-level decision making
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel-based modeling skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Orphan disease and/or hemophilia experience
- Hands-on experience with Power BI and Tableau
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.