Associate Director, Enterprise Master Data Management
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As Enterprise Master Data Management (MDM) Lead, you will lead the current MDM team in the ongoing implementation Master Data Management (MDM) solutions and operational support, in identifying sources-of-truth for multiple data domains across various business functions. In this role, you will drive the single source of truth across multiple systems, manage and govern data pipelines to facilitate key metrics reporting, and develop solutions to enable data-driven decisions for the growth of the business. In this role, you will operate within a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders, and program managing MDM projects and operations for maintenance of Supplier and Product domains in the MDM hub, and expansion to other domains over time. You will report to the IM Business Relationship Management (BRM) lead, work closely with both IM and business stakeholders, business data leaders, business process managers, and your own team to gather / analyze / prioritize data requirements, define roadmaps for execution, lead functional and process designs, lead prototyping / testing / training, perform impact analysis, and establish the procedures, processes, and policies for creation / change of enterprise master data.
- The role of the IM Enterprise MDM lead is critical to BioMarin’s IM Clean Data strategy. The role leads our current MDM program and team ensuring effective and efficient use of key building blocks of our information
- The role enables the organization to achieve its goals by collaboratively leading current MDM domains to efficient maturity and drives the implementation of new domains in partnership of our Business Process and Data owners
- The MDM leader ensures the program helps break down operational barriers, enabling greater enterprise agility, simplifying integration activities and allow the opportunity to unravel the complex netting of interfaces in a growing, global environment
- The MDM is a high profile position responsible for guiding and championing enterprise-wide data governance and promotes ‘single-source-of-truth’, data-driven utilization of all integrated systems and data across the organization
- Solid people management / team development experience is critical. The role responsible for leading the MDM program, team and processes across BioMarin, working closely to educate and align the business on MDM value, addressing issues and helping to establish master data quality metrics and targets. Deeply involved in all corporate and IT projects that depend on Master Data quality, the role is expected to be the expert on Master Data issues across systems
- Setting both functional and technical tone for enterprise MDM, the role works with existing and emerging functional level Master Data ownership across the organization, continually accounting for both Business information and Compliance requirements of all data types while working with all technical groups to ensure the MDM definition and implementation of clearly defined and prioritized integrations of all internal and external systems are in alignment with IM enterprise reporting and data warehousing strategies
- Define, develop, clearly and effectively communicate, implement and maintain and, above all, champion IM Master Data Management (MDM) program at the enterprise level
- Maintain the MDM integration governance process and strategic roadmap
- Collaboratively establish and define decision rights and accountability framework to ensure appropriate behavior in the valuation, creation, storage, use, archival and deletion of information - including process, roles, standards and metrics
- Align integration and data needs with IM Security & Compliance’s Identity Access Management (IAM) platform, Corp GxP Compliance oversight responsibilities and all other Master Data management related efforts
- Be flexible and Be fast and Be a strong, influential and effective Leader
Operational / Tactical
- Provide Single Point of Contact for all Master Data and related cross-functional data integration questions, comments and concerns from Business and IM
- Design, communicate and implement ongoing processes for Master Data related issue identification and resolution
- Collaboratively define and implement direction and guidance to IM Business Intelligence (BI) and related internal and external integration and reporting teams and partners
- Align MDM program development and implementation oversight with BRM IM Portfolio Management and Strategic IM Enterprise Roadmaps
- Maintain a tight relationship with all IT solution delivery Leads consisting of Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture / BI, ERP, IM Security & Compliance and IM Computer Systems Validation teams
- Work with the rest of the IM BRM team to understand critical Business goals, objectives and timeframes, key strategic staffing changes regarding Master Data, and cost for programs and / or other strategic initiatives
Primary Interface Points
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager interfaces and / or works directly with both Functional and Data Business management teams and leads up to the Executive level ensuring the strategic vision, its alignment and development, and the implementation and ongoing management of the formal BioMarin enterprise-wide Master Data Management program
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager works within and alongside the IM organization as whole to ensure alignment and support for the proper planning and enabling of the overall infrastructure needed for cleansing, storing, publishing and maintaining Master Data
IM Enterprise Infrastructure and Application Architects
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager works with the Enterprise Infrastructure and Application teams to ensure alignment on solution level architecture definition and the internal and external integration development of systems in alignment with IT enterprise reporting and data warehousing strategies
IM Security & Compliance
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager works with IM Security & Compliance to ensure alignment and support of Master Data related User Access Management (IAM) platform and processes and general Information Security Risks & Measures initiatives
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager works with the IT ERP team to ensure Oracle integration related project and / or application level configuration support development is in alignment with the MDM strategy
The IM Enterprise Master Data Manager works with the Computer Systems Validation team to ensure alignment and support of current and future Validated Data Integrity efforts
- IM Enterprise Master Data Manager is a high profile, leadership position which must possess subject matter expertise in designing, implementing and managing Master Data, Meta Data and application and integration strategies and roadmaps
- Ability to develop, implement and lead with integrity and political savvy, an enterprise-wide system and data integration related governance teams, policies and procedures
- Ability to development Master Data Management and integration design principles
- Demonstrate broad understanding of database concepts and ability to ensure project teams are effectively including appropriate data review and integration design techniques in their development
- Possess the demonstrated work experience with multiple Analytical platforms, relational database management and/or data warehouse systems and one or more Analytical platforms management and support
- Strong Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Collaboration / Coalition Building Skills
- 10+ years of IM related functional and / or strategic Master Data analysis experience.
- 3-5+ years of IM Steering Committee level and / or IT related forum membership internal or external to an IM organization.
- 5+ years of project and / or program management.
- 3-5+ years managing and / or supporting Enterprise Applications (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, etc.).
- Excellent people management / team development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Life Sciences related Business processes.
- Experience working in FDA regulated industries.
- Independent problems solving skills.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact positively with all levels of management as well as communicating problems to appropriate teams within the organization.
- Consulting or Business Management Services background is a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.