BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin is seeking a temporary Procurement Operations Analyst (temporary). This role will support special projects and ad hoc requests for the Global Procurement and Supplier Operations team. You will work across functions at BioMarin to coordinate updates to key documents, spreadsheets, and systems (Oracle and Coupa experience is strongly preferred). This role will have the opportunity to work on important deliverables that will play a key role in the success and future of the Source to Pay organization at BioMarin.
- Assist in the clean-up of supplier master data (researching potential duplicate supplier records, cleaning/updating incomplete supplier records, etc)
- Support a chart of accounts update by analyzing impacted purchasing commodities and working with Corporate Accounting and IT to make purchase order and system updates
- Perform mapping exercises to link existing source data and transactions to future state (commodities, system access roles, purchase order ownership, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders to create a “commodity dictionary” that defines when/how to use each commodity
- Ensure master files and systems are in sync (commodity dictionary file matches what is in the procurement system, purchase order values)
- Work with stakeholders to identify end users for training on purchase to order process and supplier onboarding/maintenance
- Assist in developing and maintaining a procurement training documentation repository, including e-learning for various audiences.
- Support the global procurement team in ad hoc requests with requisitions/purchase orders, reporting, troubleshooting, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Accounting or related field
- Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field
- Knowledge/experience with Procure to Pay process and systems (Oracle iProcurement, Coupa)
- Strong reporting, good communication and analytical skills - experience creating large spreadsheets/formulas in Excel
- Preferable experience in Change management, including communications, engagement and behavioral and cultural change
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role will partner with many different stakeholders globally
A "can do" attitude – not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get work done!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.