Manager/Sr. Manager, Supply Planning
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager/Sr. Manager, Supply Planning is responsible for providing analytical, data gathering, and technical supply chain support including supply planning, life cycle management, finished goods and inventory management, and allocation as necessary. This role has accountability for converting the forecast into supply plans which result in satisfactory inventories and which incorporate effective contingencies for appropriate risks and initiatives.
This person will work independently with minimal supervision performing end-to-end supply chain management activities for clinical or commercial products, including the planning and execution of manufacturing, filling and packaging operations. This role includes all related supply chain activities, including planning parameters creation and data maintenance, inventory modeling, data analysis, scenario planning, etc. In addition, this person will support the transition of clinical products to commercialization.
Further, this person will assist in the identification of gaps and inefficiencies, and the creation and implementation of globally aligned supply planning processes, and will lead process improvement initiatives and project teams using Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering tools.
Plan assigned products by performing the following:
- Work with project teams to identify gaps and process improvements, generate current and future state process maps, develop SOP’s and work instructions, and provide process improvement training.
- Develop supply plans for assigned products while collaborating with other functions within Supply Chain, Material Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, CMC and Regulatory.
- Develop and maintain the master schedule in Oracle that supports the demand plan while effectively utilizing company resources such as finished goods inventory, internal and external manufacturing capacities and costs.
- Manage work orders for Contract Manufacturing fill and finish in Oracle R12 Advanced Supply Chain Planning Module
- Mitigate risk through development of effective contingency supply plans
- Develop long-rang capacity planning scenarios
- Develop, track, and maintain relevant, effective performance metrics related to supply chain effectiveness; Initiate appropriate action plans for metrics below expectations
- Become the informational lead for the assigned product group in Oracle for Item Master Updates. Understand and resolve planned order variances in the Advanced Supply Chain Planner Module
- Become an integral contributor to the Sales and Operations Planning Process. Lead assigned product group in Supply Reviews, Sales & Operations Execution, and Supply Chain CMC Sub-Team Meetings.
- Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related Business field with 5 - 8 years’ experience in the supply chain field.
- APICS certification and/or supply chain education preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management to include one or more items below:
- Supply Planning
- Master Scheduling
- Capacity Analysis and Management
- Inventory Analysis and Management
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Working knowledge of current GMP/GCP regulations required
- Experience with ERP systems required; Oracle R12 Business Suite preferred
- Experience leading project teams required
- Experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing preferred
- Experience in clinical production planning preferred
- Experience supporting new product launches preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and good working knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and have strong data analysis, problem solving, and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with all organizational levels and work effectively in a team environment, superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated examples of a high level of personal initiative and ability to function autonomously with a strong sense of urgency, self-confidence, and comfort with new and rapidly changing situations and environments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.