Analytical Scientist 2, LC-MS Platforms & Applications
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class or best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join the Analytical team within Neuroscience Research that performs analytical works using several approaches including LC-MS, MSD, ELISA, Western Blot, Gyrolab, etc. The scientist will contribute to therapeutics discovery and analytical method development. Extensive experience in high-resolution mass spectrometry and HPLC is required. Prior experience in oligonucleotide bioanalysis would be a major advantage.
Good assays to evaluate the activity of biotherapeutics are a critical part of early-stage projects. This position requires an individual who has both quantitative biochemical skills and a deep understanding of molecular and cell biology. Such an individual should also be expected to contribute new project ideas and to lead the project.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, tech savvy, a critical thinker, and able to work both independently as well as in a team environment. In addition, the candidate should possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Develop bioanalytical assays including LC-MS to support bioanalysis of oligonucleotides, peptides, proteins, and metabolites in a variety of biological fluid and tissue samples
- Find opportunities to advance LC-MS analysis of biotherapeutics by developing technical innovations that will contribute to future developmental needs and/or efficiency gains.
- Present results during internal and external meetings.
- Prepare and review regulatory submission documents as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Serve as a team representative and provide analytical knowledge and expertise to cross-functional teams.
- Assist in transferring methods to CROs as needed
- Passionate about science and identify opportunities for new project ideas
- Able to supervise and train research associates.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- D. in Analytical, Biotechnology or equivalent relevant experience plus 2-5+ years industry experience
- Experience with Bioanalytical method development and qualifications required
- Extensive experience in high-resolution mass spectrometry and HPLC is required
- Prior experience in oligonucleotide bioanalysis would be a major advantage
- The successful candidate must be a resourceful and proactive individual who is able to work as a team player in a dynamic environment
- Effective organization skills and ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and possess an excellent work ethic. Present findings in team meetings
Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.