Director, Global Brand Management - Innovation and Operations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director, Global Brand Management reports directly to the VP, Global Brand Management, and will assist in the effective overall management of the department. The individual will be involved and leading and facilitating key projects across Global and Regional Brand Management through the BLT (Brand Leadership Team) and within Global Brand Management. This is a leadership role for strategic project/brand managers who are skillful facilitators, decision makers, and organizational drivers. Typical areas of focus include alignment on process, organizational development, team and independent project leadership.
This individual must have demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, and problem solving skills as well as be an effective communicator. Project/brand management and presentation skills are also required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. Must be creative and adaptable self-starter, and comfortable in a growing commercial organization.
- Actively support the VP, Global Brand Management in the operational effectiveness of the Brand Management function within BioMarin
- Advocate and drive for overall operational effectiveness – Propose, facilitate and implement plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions, including oversight of work instructions and SOPs.
- Leads projects as required to support for Global Brand Management/Marketing and partner functions; including brand and business planning process.
- Support alignment between key Commercial functions – Global Brand Management, Regional Brand Management, Commercial Operations and Hemophilia Business Unit
- Support alignment between key functions and to align on process and guidelines, including Medical Affairs, Global Compliance and Ethics, Corporate Communications.
- Responsible for Global Brand Management Leadership Team meetings and agendas; participate generally as a member of the global brand management team.
- Responsible for Brand Leadership Team meetings and agendas; participate generally as a member of the BLT team.
- Develop and roll out presentation materials for internal audiences
- Conduit for information flow across brands and regions (newsletters, BM Hub, etc)
- Lead overall process and execution of major elements associated with the brand planning process, including partnering across GBM, BLT, and key cross-functional partners.
- Manage execution of 3 key global Commercial planning meetings – mid-year business review, global brand planning, and business planning; with a constant eye to improvements to enhance the value and effectiveness of the meeting.
- Advocate high performance team best practices
- Represent voice of Commercial/Global Brand Management where necessary
- Coordinate with other functions to ensure alignment of Corporate processes or evolving guidelines (ie, compliance)
- Contribute to and support budget oversight through monthly OpEx reviews.
- Communicate effectively with team members, and the broader organization
- Comfortable challenging planning assumptions and providing feedback
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Strong project management
- Strong experience supporting, and at times facilitating, project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate business solutions in a complex and fast paced matrix environment.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Mastery of PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree - ideally in business/marketing or life science; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience and at least 5 years Marketing or Project Management in Commercial setting