BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role is part of the North America Accounting team responsible for Technical Operations accounting function. The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant and will report to the Associate Director, North America Accounting. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
Main responsibilities include accounting for the Technical Operation function including partnering directly with the business and F,P&A, contract review and general oversight of prepaids.
- Partnering with the Technical Operations business contacts and F,P&A to understand activities which drive the US GAAP accounting.
- Provide guidance to the business and F,P&A on accounting to include presentations and training.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above.
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in GL Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress
Certified Public Accountant would be a distinct advantage.
Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.