ERP Program Leader, PMO Office (Sr. Director)
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin has experienced substantial growth organically since its inception, primarily over the last decade. While this steady growth in both cost structure and staff was essential to BioMarin’s emergence as a leading, fully integrated global biopharma with approximately $2 billion in revenues from over 75 countries, a robust R&D pipeline, operating profits, and world-class technical capabilities through its 3,000 employees; BioMarin leadership desires to optimize the efficiency of its operations for the future through its next phase of growth.
BioMarin launched its “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) enterprise-wide operational initiative in Q1 2022. The implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is critical for supporting that tomorrow for our patients and our people. An effective ERP will support bridging our planning, transactional processes, and information to meet the needs of a maturing and growing organization.
Implementing a new ERP impacts the entire company – putting this system in place is equally complex and transformational. This Program management role will be a key member of the ERP Leadership team and will require a demonstrated capacity to lead, organize, deliver, monitor, evaluate, adjust in a collaborative way to bring BMRN’s ERP vision to life.
- Project Management: Build out the program execution office for a Multi-Year Company deployment of an ERP system. This will require significant collaboration, stakeholder management, influence, negotiation and change management in a strong and sensitive manner. The Program Leader will be a key player in the ERP leadership team to deliver the transformation.
- Support External Experts: Lead Deliver initiative execution with through strong leadership and alignment of the BMRN team, Systems integrator (SI) and SAP business partners. Act as the point of contact between different departments functions within BMRN the company and other relevant third parties on day-to-day program execution of tasks, deliverables, resourcing, and quality control.
- Engage in the Program Strategy, Goals & Objectives: A successful BioMarin ERP initiative will require creative and sophisticated strategy, both in the design and execution of the program. This role, together with ERP lead team will need to see the art of the possible, and will be primarily responsible for prioritization setting, communicating, and executing upon such strategy. The program Leader will be participating in the design, alignment and facilitate the delivery of such goals and objectives.
- Build and Cultivate Connections and Synergies to other Initiatives: BioMarin’s ERP mindset has spawned several significant efficiency initiatives. The Program lead will need to build and maintain close connections to these initiatives because they all co-exist under the ERP umbrella. Exploit and maximize synergies and capabilities that already exist within the Company.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with global, functional, and regional teams on analytical, operational and planning initiatives. Work cross functionally to ensure global perspective and requirements are represented in globally centralized initiatives and process development
- Business Performance Metrics & Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s): Identifying and implementing a refreshed optimal set of program, project and business operations performance metrics and KPI’s is a primary objective of the Program Leader. The Program Leader will be responsible for this element, which will involve significant collaboration and partnership with the ERP team including SI, SAP and other support personnel. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows and focusing on continuous improvement of core projects and processes through automation and process enhancement. Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. benchmark data and & industry trends) to derive insights that will drive process transformation.
- Program Risk Management: The Program Leader will be responsible for identifying any risks in the plan and develop a strategy to overcome or address these and mitigate these risks. Risks include understanding key dependencies to assess the impact of issues and changes to make recommendations to impacted stakeholders. The Program Leader will maintain the risk register, communications plan and mitigation plan relating to program risk management.
- Overall Program Management: In addition to the responsibilities, the Program Leader will be responsible for enterprise overall management of the program, including resourcing, timelines, deliverable management, change control, budget adherence, status report, operational readiness, and chair the program governance forum and will be required to prepare and give updates to multiple teams and executive sponsors and steering committees and chair the project governance forum.
The Program Leader will be a challenging role that requires a dynamic set of business and leadership skills, including the following:
- Manage and track the project budget and benefit realization throughout the project life cycle
- Manage scope changes through the change control process to ensure required sign-off and the business case is still valid
- Complete post-project stage gates evaluation to verify business case and capture lessons learnt for the future
- Ideal candidate must have delivered an ERP program in a similar industry project and preferrable SAP’s S4 HANA application suite in a Bio-Pharma Context
- Provide effective leadership to the project team throughout project life cycle, resolve conflicts and ensure high team performance
- Great collaborator across all BioMarin, Systems Integrator and SAP
- Effective communication, persuasion and influencing skills at all levels
- Driver of Decisions
- Sound financial and business acumen as it relates to Budgeting and Cost control
- Other desirable attributes include work experience in a similar ERP deployment project and preferrable SAP’s S4 HANA application suite in a Bio-Pharma Context
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.