Associate Director, Government Pricing
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director of Government Pricing (GP) will be responsible for the management and oversight of all activities supporting compliance with GP calculations, reporting and government contracting; serve as an internal subject matter expert to evaluate the GP impact of proposed commercial contracting strategies; work cross-functionally with Legal Counsel, Accounting, Government Affairs, Brand and Channel analytics partners.
- Lead all activities that support GP calculations, submissions and government contracting
- Chair cross-functional GP committee; participate in other commercial pricing and contracting forums developing strategies for first-in-class pipeline products
- Oversee third-party Medicaid, Tricare and Medicare Part D rebate processing
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and best practices related to GP and rebate processing
- Collaborate with customer operations and order-to-cash (OTC) teams to maintain class of trade and membership affiliations
- Monitor external policy developments in collaboration with Government Affairs to ensure continued compliance with all pricing regulations and potential impact of pending legislation
- Advise operations teams on financial gross to net assumptions
- Recommend and assist with the implementation of systems and processes to continuously improve GP compliance and rebate operations
- Minimum 10 years related industry experience in pricing, finance, contracting or other analytical discipline. At least 5 years with direct GP experience in pharma/biotech environment
- Full understanding of all monthly, quarterly and annual pricing calculations (AMP, ASP, BP, PHS, and FSS/VA)
- In-depth knowledge of current GP compliance requirements and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering presentations to Sr. Executive-level audiences
- A passion for GP and its complex interaction with pricing strategy and commercial operations
- Ability to function autonomously, apply sound judgment, and problem solve through collaboration in a dynamic global organization
- Understanding of state Medicaid operations preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.