Senior Maintenance Mechanic 2
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Perform general, repair, and preventative maintenance on facilities and equipment. Provide a high level of skill in maintenance, repair, and operation of utility and mechanical equipment. Provide solutions to complex facility operation and maintenance situations. Coordinate completion of facility repair projects. Coordinating, planning, and scheduling work orders and service requests. Work with various trades (HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and construction) and disciplines (Engineering, EH&S, Validation, QC, Compliance, Metrology, Material Management, and Manufacturing Sciences). Provide overall support for GxP and non GxP facilities operation.
- Operate, maintain, and repair wide variety of building and process equipment, HVAC, plant and clean steam, process gases, waste systems, RO/DI and UPW water system, and environmental chambers.
- Proficient in using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Operate computerized Building Management System (BMS).
- Make daily planned inspection of facilities equipment and services. Take action as required.
- Perform various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical projects.
- Write/Review maintenance related Work Instructions/SOPs
- Perform and complete scheduled preventative maintenance work orders.
- Identify mechanical problems and implement complex corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Start-up new mechanical systems.
- Train other mechanics and technicians for mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment.
- Assign CMMS preventive maintenance, service request, and repair work orders.
- Prioritize, plan, and schedule service request, repair, and preventive maintenance work orders. This requires coordinating multiple disciplines and trades, Engineering, EH&S, Validation, QC, Compliance, Material Management, and Manufacturing Sciences, Metrology, construction, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing.
- Coordinate between departments and function as the point of contact for e.g., HVAC, electrical, janitorial, and landscaping issues.
- Review CMMS work orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform and complete service request work orders, preventive maintenance work orders, and repair work orders.
- Maintain compliance with company and OSHA safety standards.
- Follow company polices described in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with compliance related SOP’s.
- Coordinate maintenance operations with Quality Control, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Sciences, as required.
- Provide back-up assistance to the Lead Maintenance Mechanic
- Supervise Building Technicians as required.
- Active member of BERT.
- Order parts.
- Respond to equipment alarms.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by management.
- Journeyman level experience in at least one trade (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or refrigeration)
- AS/AA Degree
- Trade School Certificate
- Technical School
- At least 7 years experience in a structured maintenance program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, or instrumentation in a biotech environment preferred.
- Experience in a biotech GMP or other highly regulated environment preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and have a high mechanical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain accurate and legible records.
- Must be able to consistently demonstrate self-initiative to identify, research, and solve facility equipment problems involving complex variables in poorly defined situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations sufficient to perform the job. Skills must be sufficient to understand and evaluate basic engineering calculations such as for HVAC, piping, fluids, heat transfer, etc.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.