Information Systems Engineer III or IV
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Come be a part of our team and our mission
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
The Information Systems Engineer is responsible for the overall architecture design, implementation, administration and operational support of the BioFire IT infrastructure. This includes multiple datacenters, virtualization platforms, security, storage, AD services, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, AWS, and other systems management solutions.
Information Systems Engineers are expected to work with the business and various technical teams to understand the business requirements and needs for the architecture of IT related systems to meet the company objectives.
Information Systems Engineers are expected to be experienced in various cloud technologies to help create and execute a strategic vision for BioFire as we move resources to the cloud. They will administer and contribute to the decisions for cloud architecture, costs and capabilities.
Information Systems Engineers are part of the IT Operations group. This is a collaborative environment where all staff members are required to work effectively while interacting with one another, as well with other departments while assisting with the day to day IT support, design, implementation and maintenance of the BioFire Diagnostics IT infrastructure.
As with many positions in Information Technology, Information Systems Engineers are expected to participate as high-level technical experts in a 24x7 support environment and to effectively collaborate with other employees as needed.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Perform duties as detailed in BioFire Diagnostics’ technical mission and Code of Business Conduct.
- Monitor and respond to relevant frontline support issues via the corporate trouble ticketing system and assign all other issues to relevant IT Operations staff or BioFire Diagnostic employee.
- Maintain existing infrastructure solutions. Perform routine administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Implement new infrastructure solutions or integrate business services into the existing solutions.
- Configure systems management tools for monitoring and capacity planning.
- Provide proactive, reactive, or on call technical support, and trouble ticket resolution.
- Provide escalation level support for the remote IT organization and the Corporate Helpdesk.
- Create and maintain detailed functional and operational documentation.
- Ensure that employees have the necessary and approved IT infrastructure resources required for their jobs.
- Develop and execute a plan to improve BioFire’s cloud infrastructure
- Oversee teams of contractors hired to perform work in BioFire’s IT infrastructure and systems.
- Complete projects on time with little to no supervision from IT managers
- User account management
- Work with business stakeholders and software development teams to define infrastructure requirements and design solutions based on those requirements.
- Design solutions and processes to optimize operational efficiency, systems availability and performance.
- Manage medium to large projects and initiatives, define scope, create and execute implementation plans.
- Mentor junior information systems engineers.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Participate in IT infrastructure and support discussions and implement decisions.
- Recommend tactical and strategic plans for maintaining and improving BioFire’s IT systems and supporting infrastructure.
Training & Education:
This position requires a Bachelor of Science in a technical field OR equivalent certifications and/or experience.
Examples of acceptable certifications include MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP or similar industry-recognized system administration certifications.
4+ years of work experience in system administration, networking, information technology or related field.
- Windows server creation, administration, management and maintenance
- Systems administration using PowerShell
- Office 365 Exchange and related protocols
- Administration of Active directory / Azure AD / Active Directory w/AD Services
- Email systems management, email security, threat protection and hygiene services
- Backup and storage solutions
- Advanced understanding and experience with virtualization using Hyper-V, VMWare and other industry standard tools
- Admin and governance of Azure and/or AWS cloud services
- Advanced understanding of and experience with managed services
- Data center operations
- Advanced experience with systems monitoring and reporting
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts (routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, proxy services and protocols)
Customer service skills:
- Must be able to interact with end users and staff in a professional, friendly manner.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate highly technical information to a diverse group of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Infrastructure Management Skills:
- Must be able to support the monitoring, maintenance, patching, upgrading, and tuning of IT systems
- Ability to supervise teams of contractors and other IT professionals through technical projects
Project Management Skills:
- Understanding of and experience with the budgeting process, including capital expenditures, recurring expenses, and the approval process for each
- Thorough understanding of ITIL practices, including practical knowledge of general management, service management and technical management components
- Understanding of and experience with project management, including project initiation, requirements gathering, project scoping, deliverables, communication, timelines, coordination and project closure.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).