Software Engineer II/III
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
A great opportunity for a software developer to write and maintain application and web-based software for the company’s in-house software systems. These software development engineers write and maintain client-based and web-based scientific and business application software. They are expected to learn our core technology, business, and the enterprise systems that enable them.
When working on software projects, engineers are expected to understand the specifications and schedules under which the project operates. They should work efficiently with the development and test engineering groups to produce high quality software by coding to industry standards, writing unit and regression tests intended to run on continuous integration build servers, effectively utilizing the development tools, and contributing to software design documents. When specifications are incorrect, inconsistent, or could be improved, they should discuss changes with project managers.
Engineers are expected to check in their source code and unit tests to source control on a regular basis. They should work actively with their teams to move software through the Quality System.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Understand BioFire Diagnostics’ mission, values, and core technologies.
- Read and interpret software specifications and implement software according to those specifications.
- Maintain BioFire Diagnostics’ software products.
- Write unit tests for all code development activities.
- Complete projects on time with supervision from the project manager.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Participate effectively in technical code reviews as both a reviewer and reviewee.
- Communicate road blocks to project managers or technical leads.
- Foster a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Work with software test engineering group to help verify software products.
Training and Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science in an engineering, scientific or technical field, or equivalent experience.
2+ years experience with C#/.NET (or another object oriented language)
4+ years experience with C#/.NET (or another object oriented language)
- Object-oriented design practices
- Database architecture, design, and implementation, as well as ORM tools
- Windows OS experience
- Experience with one or more of the following computer languages: C#, Java, Delphi, C++ or MatLab
Basic Engineering skills:
- Source control
- Defect tracking
- Build systems
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).