Associate Corporate Counsel
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as Associate Corporate Counsel!
As Associate Corporate Counsel, you will play a key role in negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts, and will also interpret laws, rulings, and regulations to advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters primarily in the commercial and operational side of the business. This position will act as a strategic legal partner to our business (chiefly, Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, and other operational functions) in substantive legal areas including by:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with a significant focus on supporting key sales, marketing, quality, and purchasing initiatives with supervision.
- Interpreting and assessing applicable laws, regulations, guidance, and industry standards, including but not limited to federal and state fraud and abuse laws, anti-corruption laws, pricing and reimbursement policies, and others to effectively understand and manage risk.
- Reviewing marketing and promotional materials for compliance with company policies, industry standards, applicable laws and regulations. Providing guidance regarding same.
- Analyzing and counseling the business on other relevant legal issues as they arise, including but not limited to regulatory approval processes, real estate and bankruptcy matters, advertising, competition law, and others and assisting with development of training as needed.
- Partnering closely with other Legal, IP, Privacy, and Compliance colleagues on special projects and committees as assigned.
- Helping to select and/or direct the work of external legal counsel to ensure appropriate service and quality levels and to contains costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education: J.D. from a highly regarded law school and active membership in at least one U.S. bar required.
- 3+ years of relevant law firm or in-house legal experience, including reviewing and negotiating complex agreements.
- Must be a collaborative team player able to build relationships with colleagues and be willing to work with creativity, flexibility, and enthusiasm to achieve results and solve problems.
- A strong negotiator who can partner with commercial and purchasing teams throughout the transactional process from beginning-to-end, in order to provide practical, timely, and solution-oriented advice, and to efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, with a strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; with supervision, must be able to manage multiple priorities adjust responsibilities in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate effectively one-on-one and in groups.
- Genuine desire to work in a global business environment that involves broad cultural diversity with a high level of enthusiasm for varied types of work.
- Prior experience in medical device, health care, life sciences, or clinical diagnostics is a significant plus.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).