Engineering Project Manager III - Plastics
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as an Engineering Project Manager!
This individual leads various project teams within the Engineering department. His/her main responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects are completed on schedule and meet quality objectives. This individual develops project plans, sets schedules, secures resources, makes technical decisions as necessary, provides status reports, and ensures all project documentation is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System. This individual is expected to work and communicate well with team members, other departments, and Executive Management to meet the goals of assigned projects.
- Performs all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Develops project plans, including scheduling and milestones. Maintains these plans and schedules, updating as necessary.
- Works on projects of moderate to significant scope and complexity
- Works with other Engineering Project Managers and Engineering Management to allocate resources for projects.
- Provides recurring project updates to Management and other departments.
- Manages and trains multi-discipline engineering project teams:
- Communicates with team members and disseminates project information
- Manages roles and responsibilities of team members, ensuring all engineers understand their role and the interdependencies within the project team
- Motivates team members and provides incentives and morale boosters as necessary
- Ensures projects are developed to BFDX’s design control processes.
- Maintains project Design History File and ensure all documentation meets project and team needs, and is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System.
- Provides technical oversight of projects, and makes technical decisions as necessary to keep project on schedule.
- Receives oversight from an Engineering Project Manager IV or above. Mentors other engineers and more junior Engineering Project Managers.
- Project timelines (based on available resources) and task lists
- Project resource allocation
- Technical decisions as needed
- This position does not have any directly reporting employees. The position does require supervising team members to ensure project work is completed on schedule and at acceptable quality levels. Teams may include engineers from EE, ME, and FW.
- Minimal travel may be required, typically less than 10%.
Training and Education:
Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Engineering or Management. Project Management certification preferred.
- 8 years of experience in engineering, and/or project management
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry
- Project Management
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office, including Power Point
- Work breakdown structures
- Communication within team and among departments
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Gantt Charts
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).