Global Medical Affairs Epidemiologist I
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Global Medical Affairs Scientist I - Epidemiologist to join our growing team! The Epidemiologist’s primary responsibility is to provide expert methodological guidance and support for the Global Medical Affairs team. This will include review of scientific study protocols for externally and internally developed studies to support the clinical and economic value of BioFire in vitro diagnostic products. Additionally, other responsibilities include contributing to the execution of internally developed studies. The Epidemiologist must stay up-to-date with the scientific and medical knowledge related to infectious disease and actively participated in the design of Health Economic and Outcome Research (HEOR) to ensure that the results of the studies will better inform medical practice related to BioFire’s products. Position may manage Clinical Research Associates or Clinical Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Stay up-to-date with the current scientific and medical knowledge related to BioFire’s in vitro diagnostic products.
- Under the direction of the HEOR manager, contribute to the development and execution of internally conducted studies
- Serve as a member of the Outcome Research function to ensure that studies are designed to enhance and/or clarify the medical value of BioFire’s products. Assist with obtaining external funding to support HEOR studies and public private partnerships
- Influence appropriate adoption of the BioFire’s products into clinical practice guidelines by ensuring evidence generation, working with key opinion leaders and participation in appropriate professional organizations.
- Support efforts to gain favorable reimbursement for BioFire’s products.
- Actively participate the publication review process.Actively participate and support bioMeriuex’s Global Medical Affairs team to provide expert medical information related to BioFire’s products.
- Apply (interpret) health economic outcome studies to public health practice
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Training & Education: A minimum of a Master of Public Health, Biostatistics, Population Health or related health outcomes education
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience in health outcomes research activities including study design, data management, analysis, and scholarship. Candidates with 5+ years of said experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability work well in a multidisciplinary team (clinical microbiologists, clinical pharmacists, clinical research assistant, clinical coordinator, infectious disease physician etc).
- Excellent organizational skills are essential.
- Demonstrable experience with HEOR, particularly with comparative effectiveness study design and completion, required.
- SQL and R/SAS programming proficiency required.
- Experience with local and cloud hosted data management streams, analysis of EHR/claims databases, health economics, spatial infectious disease epidemiology, clinical trials, and evidence- based synthesis (i.e. systematic reviews and meta-analyses),
- Grant writing is desirable.
- Multilingual desirable.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).