Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Template Control Research Associate!
The Template Control Research Associate (RA) works with a team that formulates DNA and RNA template control components to support the company’s in vitro diagnostic products’ research and development, manufacturing, validations, and quality control efforts. The RA-I will use established methods and techniques to maintain the lab’s DNA and RNA template inventory, perform template manipulations and verification including diluting, aliquoting, mixing, quantitative PCR, quantitative RT-PCR, and FilmArray analysis, perform template and control mix formulations, and dispense template and control mixes to dependent departments in accordance with the company’s quality system. The RA-I will receive general instruction on routine work, perform lab duties with minimal supervision, and receive training and additional instruction for new tasks as needed. Substantial preference will be given to candidates who hold a B.S. in chemistry, biology, or a related field, but exceptional applicants with an Associate’s degree will be given consideration. Strong pipetting skills, attention to detail and organization, and familiarity with Excel and Word are required. Previous lab experience is desired, and familiarity with bioinformatics programs and cGMP compliance is a plus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Perform general lab maintenance duties, conduct experiments, collect data, and keep an accurate record of all work.
- Maintain inventory of DNA and RNA template, pouch control mixes, and omega QC mixes.
- Utilize sterile technique to perform manipulations and verifications of DNA and RNA templates including diluting, aliquoting, formulating, qPCR, qRT-PCR, and FilmArray analysis.
- Utilize sterile technique in working with microorganisms, including liquid and plate cultures, quantification, dilution, and storage.
- Dispense controls and omega mixes to dependent departments.
- Maintain GMP documents for all work.
- Perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) when required.
- This role will require strong attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Project and production coordination in conjunction with Template Control Managers and Coordinators within a fast-paced environment.
Training and Education
Minimum- Associate’s degree and have exceptional lab experience
Preferred- B.S. in chemistry, biology, or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with Excel and Word required. Experience in lab work and cGMP compliance is a plus.
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).