Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This position works on complex problems requiring analysis of situations or data with various factors. Needs to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Responsible for managing manufacturing and R&D Cost. Responsible for participating in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the cost accounting system. Major responsibilities include accurate and timely analysis, as well as reporting and compliance activities. Reports to Regional leadership.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux's Quality System.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Responsible for coordinating, administering, and controlling financial operations.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary, reporting on a monthly basis.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and CPA auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Prepares and develops accounting reports for budgets, income and loss statements, balance sheets, and other reports.
- Create, implement and monitor cost / management accounting system and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on manufacturing budgets and variances.
- Participates in and prepares Bill of Material (BOM) set up, maintenance and costing review for manufactured items.
- Maintains integrity of general ledger transactions.
- Responsible for analyzing, reconciling, and reviewing inventory valuation reports.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepares recommendations, supports and implements alternatives to work processes that will increase efficiencies and quality of financial reporting.
- Monitors inventory activities from purchase of raw material through the production process to finished goods.
- Prepares cost and variance analysis associated with the month, quarter and year-end close, prepares related reports, and meets reporting deadlines.
- Development of product cost models: material usage, material cost, equipment requirements, and labor rates, labor cycle times, overhead, tooling, and capital requirements for new business or changes to current business.
- Monitors standard work procedures for product cost tracking.
- Prepares cost models, budget models and new standards.
- Prepares budget to actual variance reports.
- Prepares month, quarter and year-end reports and presentation data.
- Performs complex analyses of specific cost centers and variances.
- Performs and analyzes cost trends.
- Prepares manufacturing variance reporting.
- Prepares purchase price variance (PPV) reporting.
- Performs semi-finished goods Master Data set up and review.
- Performs other general accounting and administrative tasks as required.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, Master’s Degree in Business or related field is desirable.
Minimum three years’ experience in Accounting or related field. Emphasis in cost accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of SAP and Netsuite preferred
In depth knowledge of Cost Accounting and business systems and best practices.
ERP experience required; SAP experience preferred.
Proficient at Microsoft Office.
Strong internal customer service skills.
Demonstrated strong project management and time management skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
May be required to lift boxes containing documents weighing about 50 lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).