Lab Technologist I - Oligo, Day Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Lab Technologist.
We are seeking a Lab Technologist I to join our team. Lab Technologists are responsible for performing a wide variety of laboratory tasks and production processes. This includes operating and troubleshooting HPLCs, DNA Synthesizers, LC/MS, liquid handling robots, and UV/Vis Spectrometry.
Lab Technologists works on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments
Strong pipetting skills, attention to detail, organization, and familiarity with cGMP are desired.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic’s Quality System.
- Maintains records in compliance with regulatory requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established written guidelines to perform job functions.
- Manufactures oligonucleotides according to electronic batch records and WID’s.
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation including UV/Vis spectrophotometer, HPLC, liquid handling robots, and DNA synthesizers.
- Handles hazardous chemicals in accordance with approved written procedures.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management.
Qualifications:Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (BS), or working toward a degree. Chemistry, BioChemistry, and Biology preferred.
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Sunday - Tuesday from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM + every other Wednesday
Thursday - Saturday from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM + every other Wednesday
***SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED***
- $300 on first pay check
- $300 after 6 months of employment
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).