Instrument QC Technologist I
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Responsible for performing quality control testing on incoming reagents used in Film Array.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies and inventory counts.
- Responsible for coordinating instrument/equipment repairs as necessary.
- Provide support if needed in other projects or validations from various departments within the company.
- Responsible for learning new techniques or workflows as required for new product lines.
- Responsible for all instrument CAL/PMs, pipette calibrations, Artel system calibration, UV hood bulbs, etc.
- Responsible for all Film Array Contamination monitoring, collection, setup and reporting.
- Responsible for all other swab set up and reporting.
- Responsible for QC data entry.
- Responsible for maintaining the QC area clean and contamination-free.
- Responsible for coordinating repeat testing.
- Works closely with QC Manager, Instrument Production leads, Service Center leads, and Reagent QC to ensure consistent and timely turnaround for QC results.
- Responsible for maintaining records as required by the Quality System.
- Responsible for data review, reporting, and component release.
- Responsible for responding to inquiries and reviewing corrections.
- Responsible for product release in Production Web.
- Generates Non Conformance Reports.
- Reports daily metrics to management.
- Performs troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is an entry-level position within the company
- Must work assigned shift and have ability to work flexible schedule
- Must work mandatory overtime as assigned
- Must work full time hours as defined by the department
Training and Education:
- Associate Degree in life science or related field is required. A Bachelor’s of Science in a life science or engineering related field is strongly preferred.
- 6 months experience in a laboratory/engineering setting is required.
- Any experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control is preferred and previous cGMP experience is strongly preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to accurately follow both written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Highly organized and motivated
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very high attention to detail
- Demonstrated proper pipetting technique
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for moderate amounts of time and look at computer monitors for an extended amount of time with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with hands for a moderate amount of time.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).