Account Manager BioFire- NYC/Long Island
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This position is responsible for managing all sales related tasks in the assigned territory for all products commercially available. The Account Manager BioFire (AMB) will be responsible for all activities related to the direct sales efforts in named territory (US). The AMB will closely manage sales performance of all products relative to forecast and provide reports for each product line. Input into marketing programs, product forecasts, customer support programs and product development will also be required. The AMB will be responsible for and accountable for achieving or exceeding revenue goals.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the bioMerieux Quality System.
- Drive profitable sales growth.
- Direct and coordinate sales activities.
- Work closely with Marketing on product forecasts, pricing, generation of necessary sales tools and competitive analysis.
- Generate appropriate sales materials and coordinate with Marketing as required to achieve any internal approvals.
- Provide leadership and possess the ability and experience to assist in all levels of sales process from lead generation to closing sales.
- Data management utilizing the company CRM software including tracking and reporting all customer interactions within the CRM.
- Implement sales report or process for extracting information from CRM which highlights sales activities, won sales, lost sales with reasons, and feedback for marketing, sales admin, customer support, manufacturing and R&D.
- Monitoring and tracking all expenses related to sales.
- Assisting customer support with customer management.
- Assisting marketing with input to marketing programs.
- Provide accurate sales projections to marketing for instrument and reagent production.
- Attend outside conferences and tradeshows promoting products.
- Travel (at least 50%) to interface with sales reps and clients.
- Evaluate alternate sales channels domestically and internationally for all products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Studies and Experience:
- This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of successful sales experience.
- Practical territory management and sales experience in life science or diagnostic instrumentation and reagents is required.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience.
- Lab experience is preferred.
- Experience working in diagnostics or clinical applications is strongly desired.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The knowledge of molecular and microbiology laboratory techniques such as PCR, is highly desired.
- Ability to manage through others and be part of an effective team is a must.
- Proactive attitude, ambition and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is necessary for success in this position.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Presentation skills are essential
- Sales negotiation skills
- Communication skills required for selling and support
- Monitoring and assessing performance of direct reports
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Management skills
- Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
- Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for frequent travel.
- This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes..
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).